Wednesday, June 13, 2007

It rained like mad last night. Loud thunder. Lightening. Wind. That's really rare here in Beijing, and I was a happy girl! I sat on my bed with my window open enough to really hear the rain pounding down... smiling and feeling all warm and cozy inside. I even lit my last remaining candle (I'm trying to conserve it so that it doesn't run out before I leave in 2.5 weeks).

I can't belive I've almost spent 2 years in China! That's wild! This place has definitely become home (though I'm constantly reminded that I'm a foreigner). It will break my heart to leave... but in a good way because I know that I'm being obedient and there is so much joy and peace in that. I'm excited about beginning this next chapter of my life... as a California girl (ok, I don't think I'll ever quite be a true Cali girl, but I love the beach and the mountains and warm weather, so I think I'll survive!)

I'm not even sure if anyone reads this blog yet (other than Allison S... thanks, girl!) but I'll keep you all posted on my adventures and whereabouts. Here's to drinking in the last moments here and stepping out into a great adventure there!!!

2 comments:

Shoemaker Family said...

drinking in the last moments....do you have a new lifestyle!?! :) Just kidding...Can't wait to see you sometime...and you guys can meet the KIDS!!! :)

Shoemaker Family said...

Oh wait...you already know the big boy...you can meet the new baby!!! :)